GMS Immigrants & Visitors to Canada Insurance
Whether you’re just visiting, applying for a Super Visa, or planning on making Canada your new home, we're here to help provide for your emergency medical needs while in the country.
Our simple, online application makes it easy for you to choose the coverage you need:
- You choose the deductible; $0, $100, $500 or $1,000
- You choose the amount of insurance; $25,000, $50,000, $100,000 or $150,000 in total coverage
- You choose the length of time for which you are covered
No medical questions if you are under 55 years of age.
No waiting period if you apply before you arrive in Canada or are replacing an existing health plan issued by a Canadian insurer. Without existing health coverage, there is a 2 day (48 hour) waiting period if you apply within 30 days of your arrival in Canada, or a 7 day (168 hour) waiting period if you apply more than 30 days after your arrival in Canada.
When visiting Canada, coverage for side trips outside of Canada of up to 30 days each, are included with your Canadian travel medical emergency plan. Please see the policy wording for complete details.
||Covers hospital room and board charges, up to semi-private, unless specified by a physician (if medically necessary, charges for intensive and coronary care units are included)
||Covers the cost of treatment by physician or surgeon
||Covers the cost of x-rays and other diagnostic tests
|Out-patient Medical Treatment
||Covers the cost of out-patient room changes
|In-Hospital Prescription Drugs
||Covers the cost of prescription drugs and medication prescribed by a physician (to a maximum of a 30 day prescription)
||Covers 100% of the cost for emergency transport to a hospital
||Covers up to $300 toward the cost of emergency services of an osteopath, physiotherapist, chiropractor, chiropodist, and/or podiatrist
||Covers up to $2,000 per person and up to $250 for the relief of dental pain
|Return of Remains
||Covers the cost for preparation and transportation to your country of origin, destination in Canada, or the cost of cremation or burial at the place of death
||Covers the cost for licensed child care for a dependant traveling with you if you are hospitalized (up to $500)
||Up to $5,000 to transport you home for further medical treatment with pre-approval by GMS
||Covers the cost of accommodations, meals, phone calls and taxi or bus fares incurred by an accompanying family member in the event hospitalization continues after the policy expiry date
|24-Hour Travel Assistance Services
||Coordination of all medical care, transportation, and repatriation; telephone interpretation services in most languages; monitoring of progress during treatment and recovery by managed care
|Travel Benefits Outside of Canada
||Benefits apply to side-trips outside of Canada of up to 30 days each, excluding visits to your country of origin
- Air Ambulance - charges to transport you back to your destination in Canada or your country of origin.
- Special Attendant - reimbursement of a one-way trip economy airfare ticket for a medical attendant to accompany you back to your destination in Canada or country of origin for further in-hospital treatment
- Escort of Insured Children - reimbursement of the cost of a one-way trip economy airfare to return an accompanying child or children and escort, when necessary, back to your original point of departure
This is a summary of benefits. Please refer to policy wording for complete details