Foundations for healthy living
We’ve been taking care of Canadian families since 1949 – before publicly funded Medicare was available in the province. When access to basic healthcare became available to everyone through Medicare, we stepped in to bridge the gap between publicly funded healthcare and the needs of its customers.
We introduced health insurance coverage for health care related costs not paid for by government, such as prescription drugs, ambulance services and private duty nursing. These core benefits are still the building blocks of the plans offered today.
Our goal is to offer Canadians choices and real value in health and travel insurance.
We focus on wellness first
Healthy and happy people create thriving communities, which is why we at GMS aim to put wellness first. All of our individual and group health benefits plans provide individuals with the access to care that ensures they are living their lives to the fullest and have coverage for care when they need it.
Empower Canadians to make positive healthy decisions through our wellness network, responsive products and personalized experiences.
Communities and individuals connected by a desire to continuously improve health and wellness.
- Caring: We care about our customers. We take the time to listen and understand what matters most.
- Innovative: We’re innovative in smart ways. GMS employs a customer- responsive team that balances personal touch and advanced industry technology.
- Easy: We’re easy to deal with. Simple. Upfront with our customers.
- Positive: We’re positive. We look at problems as opportunities. Because we’re positive, we believe in and help our customers achieve their dreams of living well.
- Real: We’re real. Down to earth, approachable and friendly.
- Fair: We’re fair with our approach in everything we do.