In the event of a travel medical emergency, please contact the GMS Assistance Centre provided by Global Allianz Assistance prior to seeking treatment or no later than 24 hours after receiving treatment or being admitted to hospital. Our 24-hour travel assistance is available to help you obtain medical treatment, verify coverage, coordinate medical care and transportation, and provide foreign language support.
GMS Assistance Centre
- toll-free: 1.800.459.6604 (within Canada & the U.S.A.)
- collect: 905.762.5196 (from all other locations)
Once you have contacted the GMS Assistance Centre and eligibility is determined, we will arrange for all bills to be sent directly to GMS. In addition, you will be sent a Travel Emergency Claim form which you must complete in order for GMS to pay emergency travel benefits. Any approved payments will be sent directly to the facilities and/or health providers. Please ensure you include the original receipts or proof of payment for any other costs you may have incurred, prescription receipts and the following patient information:
- a photocopy of the sick/injured person's provincial health card; and
- documentation confirming departure and return date (ex. airline tickets, gas receipts, etc.).
Please sign and date the completed form and return the package to:
Global Allianz Assistance
P.O. Box 277
- If you did not contact the GMS Assistance Centre at the time of incident you may still submit a travel claim. Please complete the GMS Travel Emergency Medical Claim form, attach the documents requested in the instructions section of the form as well as the original itemized bills and return to:
Group Medical Services
Travel Insurance Department
2055 Albert Street
PO Box 1949
Regina, SK S4P 0E3
- GMS does not return receipts, so be sure to make copies of all submitted correspondence for your records.
- We request that you do not pay any medical fees directly to health providers unless you have been advised to do so by GMS.