At GMS Health and Travel Insurance, we've been helping Canadians feel protected and live well for more than 70 years. We care about our customers, our community and each other, giving back with our time and talents, not to mention our support for vital health programs in cardiac care and trauma services. We've also been named one of Saskatchewan's Top Employers for nine years.
Think you'd like to be part of a team that truly takes care of our customers, our communities and each other? All in all, we're a pretty awesome bunch to work with!
Here's the role
As the Director, Risk, Compliance, and Governance you will oversee and manage all of GMS's risk and compliance programs. You will be responsible to maintain up to date industry knowledge on changing regulatory and legislative changes impacting GMS, managing the ERM and BCP programs, testing the adequacy of the controls environment, and recommending any enhancements to ensure GMS, it's customers and staff, are protected.
- Have a passion for risk, compliance, or governance practices?
- Enjoy focusing on the 'what-ifs' and providing advice on how to prevent the worst case?
- Thrive in a collaborative environment?
- Pride yourself on maintaining up to date detailed industry knowledge?
If you answered yes to any of the above, this might be your dream opportunity.
Set yourself apart
Here's the nuts and bolts of what we're looking for. Use these as a guide for how you can truly differentiate yourself from the competition.
- Critical Thinking: Can you easily identify problems and patterns and quickly identify their cause?
- Quality & Detail: Do you set a high expectation for yourself and others to ensure business processes and practices are followed appropriately?
- Planning & Organizing: Are you a self-starter who can work under pressure, prioritizing the work of yourself and others?
- Interpersonal Skills: Do you have strong communication skills that enable you to work and collaborate with a wide range of audiences and perspectives?
Your must haves
- University degree in relevant field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years' experience working in compliance, audit, legal or risk.
- Prior experience working in the insurance industry.
- Legal degree considered an asset.
Are we a fit?
If you think so, please apply by October 19, 2021. We'd love to reach out to everyone who applies, but we just don't have enough hands! If you're selected for an interview, we'll be in touch. If not, please consider us again in the future.