At GMS Health and Travel Insurance, we've been helping Canadians feel protected and live well for more than 70 years. We care about our customers, our community and each other, giving back with our time and talents, not to mention our support for vital health programs in cardiac care and trauma services. We've also been named one of Saskatchewan's Top Employers for seven years running.
Think you'd like to be part of a team that truly takes care of our customers, our communities and each other? All in all, we're a pretty awesome bunch to work with!
Here's the role
As our Database Technology Specialist, you play a key role in enabling our business to deliver the best value and experience for our customers through the latest technologies. You will work closely with the Solutions Architect, Systems Analyst and IT Operations Team to design, deploy, and maintain GMS' core databases and data pipelines, as well as their integrations with other systems and platform components. This role is responsible for relational databases (SQL) as well as event-based stream processing systems (Kafka), and ensures that these systems are optimized, secure, and regularly upgraded/patched. If you get excited about:
- Data as a business asset that drives decisions.
- Designing new databases in partnership with internal team members.
- Troubleshooting performance issues within databases.
- Maintaining operational functionality through monitoring, patching, upgrading, and implementation.
Then, thiscould be your dream opportunity!
Set yourself apart
Here's the nuts and bolts of what we're looking for. Use them as a guideto truly differentiate yourself from the competition.
- Problem Solving: Do you actively explore and analyze potential solutions?
- Quality Orientation: Do you have a keen eye for details?
- Information Seeking: Do you seek new information and ask important and critical questions?
- Communication: Can you explain complexities and put recommendations in clear language?
Your must haves
- Bachelor's degree or diploma in a related field or study.
- Two or more years of relevant experience maintaining relational databases.
- Knowledge of data streams and event driven systems is an asset.
- Knowledge of Kafka, PostgreSQL, and other systems is an asset.
Are We A Fit?
If you think so, please apply by September 30, 2020. We'd love to reach out to everyone who applies, but we just don't have enough hands! If you're selected for an interview, we'll be in touch. If not, please consider us again in the future.