At GMS Health and Travel Insurance, we've been helping Canadians feel protected and live well for more than 65 years. We care about our customers, our community and each other, giving back with our time and talents, not to mention our support for vital health programs in cardiac care and trauma services. We've also been named one of Saskatchewan's Top Employers for six years running.
Think you'd like to be part of a team that truly takes care of our customers, our communities and each other? All in all, we're a pretty awesome bunch to work with!
Here's the role
As a Scrum Master you are responsible to guide the team on how to use Scrum and Agile practices. This includes supporting and coaching the scrum team in self organization, clearing organizational roadblocks and facilitation of scrum events. A Scrum Master also holds the team accountable to the process, and leads the process by booking and facilitating meetings, asking challenging questions to the team, and provide insights on cross stream/solution intersections.
- Thrive on leading and coaching others in a high-performance environment?
- Enjoy collaborating on projects and initiatives to achieve a common goal?
- Think about the big picture and have a vision for projects?
- Like to challenge the norm and think outside the box?
If you answered yes to any of the above, this is your perfect opportunity!
Set yourself apart
Here's the nuts and bolts of what we're looking for. Use them to truly differentiate yourself.
- Servant Leadership Can you build engagement and enable others to meet and exceed their goals?
- Communication Can you actively listen and clarify messages in a compelling way?
- Planning & Organizing Can you work meet deadlines by prioritizing the work of others and work under pressure?
- Agility & Curiosity Can you adjust on the fly and meet demands of the external environment?
Your must haves
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in related field of study
- 2+ years' experience in working with team to deliver projects, systems development or implementation and support.
- Scrum Master certification is an asset but not required
- Prior experience working in/with software development teams
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Team Foundation Server, is preferred.
Are we a fit?
If you think so, please apply by February 10, 2020.
We'd love to reach out to everyone who applies, but we just don't have enough hands! If you're selected for an interview, we'll be in touch. If not, please consider us again in the future.