Trip Cancellation Coverage
Vacations can be major investments. They can also be risky! Blizzards can force flight cancellations, medical emergencies can postpone departure dates and connections can be missed. With so many potential complications, it’s nice to know you can protect your investment.
GMS TravelStar® Trip Cancellation Coverage helps you feel protected even before you start your trip. In the event your trip is cancelled before your departure, you'll be covered for items such as non-refundable airfare, pre-paid travel arrangements and any cancellation penalties. In the event your trip is interrupted after departure, you'll be covered for items like transportation to rejoin tour groups or the cost of out-of-pocket expenses during longer delays (such as meals, accommodations, telephone calls and taxi fares). Plus, in the event your personal belongings are delayed, lost or damaged, you’ll be covered with the baggage loss, damage, and delay benefit now included with our Trip Cancellation Coverage.
Don't forget you can SAVE 10% on Trip Cancellation Coverage when you bundle it with Emergency Medical Coverage
Get a Quote Purchase
When you purchase GMS TravelStar® Trip Cancellation Coverage, you'll protect the financial investment you made in your trip should an event like the following arise.
|Emergency Medical Conditions
- Unexpected medical conditions that delay, prevent or interrupt your travel.
- Complications due to your, your spouses or immediate family member's pregnancy,within the first 31 weeks, that prevents or interrupts your travel.
- Unexpected pregnancy occurring after booking a trip which prevents your travel if the expected due date falls within 9 weeks of departure.
- The death of an immediate family member, business partner, key employee, caregiver or host at you destination that prevents or interrupts your travel.
|Government Advisories & Visas
- Travel advisories issued after booking your trip, by the Canadian Government recommending against travel to the country you are travelling to.
- The non-issuance of travel visas for reasons beyond your control which prevents or delays your travel.
|Employment & Occupation
- Cancellation of a business meeting, tradeshow, convention or training course beyond your or your employer's control.
- Your or your travelling companion's loss of employment which was not reasonably foreseeable at the time of booking the trip.
|Default of a Travel Supplier
- Travel services are not delivered due to the financial default of your travel supplier.
|Delays, Schedule Change & Misconnections
- Weather conditions, mechanical failure, traffic accidents, road closures, or airline schedule changes that delays, prevents or interrupts your travel.
- The cancellation of a concert, wedding, or other event which is the sole purpose for your travel.
- Your cruise is cancelled prior to departure due to the cruise ship experiencing mechanical failure, grounding, quarantine or repositioning due to weather.
- Delays due to natural disasters; an act of terrorism before or after departure; hijacking or forced quarantine; jury duty or subpoena to be a witness; default of travel supplier.
The above is a summary of some of the risks covered. Refer to the policy wording for complete details and information on limitations or restrictions which may apply.
Note: Medical conditions that existed less than 180 days prior to booking your trip, or purchasing Trip Cancellation Coverage are not covered. Circumstances you were aware of before booking your trip or purchasing your Trip Cancellation Plan, which may prevent your travel, are not covered
Trip Cancellation Coverage Enhancement
You can enhance your GMS TravelStar Trip Cancellation Coverage by adding the Trip Delay Upgrade.
In the event of delays lasting 12 hours or longer, the Trip Delay Upgrade provides coverage for
- out-of-pocket expenses of up to $500 per day (to a maximum of $1,500) for accommodations, meals, essential telephone calls and taxi fares:
- expenses up to $200 for you to attend a ticketed event like a movie, concert, or sporting event; and
- the extra cost of transportation to rejoin your tour, group or trip if you haven't been returned to your province of residence as the result of an insured risk.