After a series of rotating strikes by the Canadian Union of Postal Workers, Canada Post resumed full operations as of November 27th. On November 28th, a Canada Post update provided customers this timeline regarding clearing delays in Lettermail delivery: "The backlog should be cleared and deliveries current before December 25th."
While delays in Lettermail delivery continue over the next few weeks, we want to remind you we've got a number of options to renew your health coverage and file health and travel claims.
Renewing your GMS Individual Health Coverage
If you’re renewing your Personal or Replacement Health Plan, we have quick and easy payment options that don’t require you to mail anything. These options will prevent a payment delay that could interrupt your coverage; something we don’t want to happen.
- Make payment in-person at your broker’s office.
- Make credit card payments over the phone at 1.800.667.3699.
- Live in or near Regina? Visit our office at 2055 Albert Street, Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST. We accept all payment methods.
- Sign up for monthly pre-authorized debit (PAD) payments. It’s a simple and convenient way to pay. Completed forms, along with a void cheque can be faxed to 306.525.6360.
Avoid delays in getting your health claim payments
Here’s the perfect solution! If you have GMS Health Coverage, you can create a My GMS account. Just visit gms.ca and click on the Login/Register button on the top right. A My GMS Account gives you:
- access to an online claim form to submit your health and dental benefit claims. The form pre-populates to speed up your submissions - just remember to attach scans of your receipts,
- ability to sign up for direct deposit of claim payments; money is automatically deposited into your bank account, and
- ability to view your explanation of benefits online.
No need to mail in claims or wait for a cheque to be delivered. It’s the fastest way!
How to submit travel emergency medical claims
Our travel assistance partner Allianz Global Assistance (AGA) handles your emergency medical travel claims. During a potential postal strike, you can avoid any disruptions or delays in dealing with AGA by sending documents to them via email or fax at:
How to submit Trip Cancellation and Interruption (TCI) Claims and Baggage Loss Claims
Go to gms.ca to find the Trip Cancellation and Interruption (TCI) Claim Form or the Baggage Loss, Damage and Delay Claim Form. Completed forms can be:
- scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- faxed to our office at: 306.525.6360
- dropped off at your broker’s office
- if you live in or near Regina, dropped off at our office at 2055 Albert Street, Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST.
Call GMS Customer Care toll-free at 1.800.667.3699. One of our representatives will be happy to help you.