Are you excited by analysis and problem solving? Do you have a knack for detailed data analysis? Are you looking to add value to an organization by supporting decision making through strong data analytics and reporting? If you answered yes to any of these questions, we hope you keep reading!
At GMS, we’ve been helping Canadians feel protected and live well for more than 65 years. As we continue to grow our base of loyal customers across the country, we’re looking for a thoughtful, service-oriented analyst to join our growing team of professionals.
As the Reporting and Data Analyst at GMS, you’ll be responsible for ensuring multiple business departments have the required information to support critical business decisions and processes.
In this role, you’ll be responsible to:
- Maintain reporting services – build, maintain and manage reports held in reporting services (SSRS). Maintain quality and set standards/specifications to ensure quality of reports.
- Support Finance month end/year end processes – auditing data to understand any issues.
- Prepare data for interim and year-end financial audit.
- Maintain and assist in the development of key performance indicators and other business management information
- Assist in the development of revenue and risk mitigating analysis.
- Provide analysis detailing cause and effect of business strategies.
- Actively develop and understand business processes as requested, and make recommendations for change
- Complete general/ad hoc reporting as requested or scheduled.
As a member of the GMS team, you’ll also demonstrate these competencies:
- Critical Thinking: regularly validates assumptions and processes based on analysis; conducts constant and extensive audits of data to ensure accuracy and completeness; conducts analysis to assess if our data environment meets current and future business needs.
- Customer Focus: ensures and maintains customer satisfaction with the reports and services offered by the team.
- Quality Orientation: strong attention to detail; engages in extensive discussions with peers, business units and external business partners to ensure logical assumptions are correct.
- Problem Solving: superior problem solving skills with the ability to be innovative in the development of robust solutions.
This role is all about having a positive impact on the quality of information to inform business decisions. We’re looking for someone with a bachelor’s degree in statistics, mathematics, or actuarial science, and advanced skills using Excel. Experience working with SAS/SQL programming is also desirable. Other skills or experience that would enhance your application are industry specific knowledge, prior experience in data analytics and reporting, and/or customer service.
Don’t miss this opportunity to join an exciting community-focused, Saskatchewan-based company. Apply online today.
Application deadline: December 22nd, 2017
Only candidates selected for the interview process will be contacted.