Are you looking to make a positive impact on a dynamic and exciting Saskatchewan based company? Do you have skills in and love identifying opportunities that will help differentiate an organization from competitors? Are you looking to work for a company focused on people, culture, and delivering the best products and services to our customers in the insurance industry? If we’ve sparked your interest, you’ll want to read more.
At GMS, we’ve been helping Canadians feel protected and live well for more than 65 years. As we continue to grow our base of loyal customers across the country we are looking for an experienced product leader to join our team.
As the Manager of Product at GMS, you will lead the design and execution of our product strategy.
You will be responsible for:
- Successfully implementing and executing GMS’ product management framework through lifecycle planning of products and new product development.
- Developing strategic product plans, managing product budgets and forecasting, revenue projections and general expense reporting for the team.
- Annual planning and forecasting for all GMS products in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Collaborating with the Manager of Sales and other leadership to develop and align sales and product strategies and meet sales objectives and targets.
- Fostering an environment to promote and implement areas of opportunity for product and business improvement initiatives.
- Leading a team of product specialists, overseeing product specific projects and working collaboratively with leadership.
- Leading the product team through all stages of the product lifecycle.
As a member of the GMS leadership team, you’ll demonstrate these competencies:
- Leadership & Influence – promotes organizational mission and goals; builds engagement.
- Creative & Innovative Thinking – develops fresh ideas to solve problems and discover opportunities.
- Planning & Organization – highly effective at project management, prioritization, & multi-tasking.
- Analytical Thinking – strong data and trend analysis skills; quickly and effectively solves problems.
- Communication – well-defined sense of diplomacy, negotiation, conflict resolution, & people management.
Do you have the qualifications?
We’re looking for someone with post-secondary education in a business-related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, and a minimum of 7-10 years in product management. Other skills or experience that would enhance your application are: prior experience in the insurance field, a breadth of knowledge in distribution channel management and/or business planning, and experience with the application of competitive analysis methods. This role is all about having a positive impact on successful strategy execution.
Don’t miss the opportunity to join an exciting community-focused, Saskatchewan-based company. Apply online today.
Application deadline: December 15th, 2017
Only candidates selected for the interview process will be contacted.