You, or someone on your behalf, must contact GMS prior to treatment whenever possible. Failure to contact GMS within twenty-four (24) hours of receiving medical treatment or admission to hospital will limit benefits otherwise payable, to 70% of eligible charges to a maximum of $50,000.
A completed claim form must be submitted within ninety (90) days of the illness or injury.
In order to pay a claim, GMS will require the following documentation:
You shall afford to GMS the opportunity to examine you when and as often as it reasonably requires while the claim hereunder is pending.
In the case of death, GMS may require an autopsy subject to any law of the applicable jurisdiction relating to autopsies.
- Original itemized receipts for all bills and invoices;
- Proof of payment by your or any other benefit plan;
- Medical records included completed diagnosis by the attending physician;
- For dental claims, proof of the accident;
- Proof of the travel dates including your departure date and return date;
- Your historical records, if requested by GMS.
- All documents for payment of eligible expenses must be received by GMS within thirty (30) days of your return home and no more than twelve (12) months from the date the last eligible expense was incurred.
Please complete the GMS Travel Emergency Medical Claim form
, attach the documents requested in the instructions section of the form as well as the original itemized bills and return to:
- Group Medical Services
- Travel Insurance Department
- 2055 Albert Street
- PO Box 1949
- Regina, SK S4P 0E3
- GMS does not return receipts, so be sure to make copies of all submitted correspondence for your records.
- We request that you do not pay any medical fees directly to health providers unless you have been advised to do so by GMS.